The Vaisala HUMICAP® Moisture and Temperature Transmitter Series for Oil MMT330 enables fast and reliable detection of moisture in oil.
The MMT330 can be used in on-line detection of moisture in oil.
- Three probe types for various installation requirements:
- MMT332 for high pressure installations
- MMT337 for tight spaces with a thread connection
- MMT338 for pipeline installations
- Continuous online measurement of moisture in oil
- Ball -valve installation - no need to shut down the process
- Incorporates Vaisala HUMICAP® Sensor - excellent long-term stability
- Integrated data logging, with over four years of measurement history
- LAN and WLAN communication options
- NIST traceable calibration (certificate included)
The Vaisala transmitters used for measuring moisture in oil feature the HUMICAP® sensor, a capacitive thin-film polymer sensor especially developed for demanding moisture measurements in liquid hydrocarbons. The HUMICAP sensor consists of four functional layers: glass substrate, lower electrode, water-active polymer layer, and porous upper electrode.
The thin-film polymer either absorbs or releases water as the surrounding moisture level changes. Water molecules move to/from the polymer layer until there is moisture equilibrium between the polymer and the oil.
The dielectric properties of the polymer depend on the moisture level. As the moisture level changes, the dielectric properties of the polymer film change, and so does the capacitance of the sensor.
The instrument’s electronics measure the capacitance of the sensor and convert it into water activity. Oil molecules or additives do not penetrate the electrode. Thus the sensor output is independent of the oil type.