Ultrasonic Liquid Flow Meter With Thermal Energy/BTU Capability
- High accuracy transit-time ultrasonic technology
- Software apps for ease of installation & diagnostics
- Optimized for thermal energy/BTU measurement
- Clamp-on sensors, no pipe cutting, no shutdown
- Real-time liquid density compensation
- Upgrade meter firmware and software in the field
- Part of Sierra's Big-3 iSeries family of flow meter technologies.
|Accuracy||+/- 0.5% of reading from 0.16 to 40 ft/s (0.05 to 12 m/s)|
|Repeatability||+/- 0.15% of reading >0.16 ft/s (0.05 m/s)|
|Flow Velocity Range||
|Pipe Size||2 to 236 inches (50 to 6000 mm)|
|Resolution||0.01 ft/s (0.00025 m/s)|
|Response time||150 ms measuring cycle|
|Temperature||Ambient electronics: -4°F to 140°F (-20°C to 60°C)|
|Clamp-on transducers operating temperature range||14°F to 176°F (-10°C to 80°C)|
|Clamp-on high temperature transducers operating temperature range||14°F to 302°F (-10°C to 150°C)|
|Insertion DIA transducers||
|Insertion pressure||Limited to 300 psig (20 barg)|
|Relative Humidity||Up to 99% RH, (non-condensing)|
|Pulse Output||0 to 9999 Hz, OCT, (min. and max. frequency is adjustable)|
|Solid state relay||
|Digital Output||RS-485, RS-232, optional Modbus RTU, optional BACnet (pending)|
|Display||160 x 240 LCD backlit display|
|Boiler MACT certified||Yes|
|Complete Smart Interface Portal (SIP) for meter set up||
Designed, built and calibrated by Sierra for non-intrusive liquid flow metering, and optimized for thermal energy / BTU measurement, the InnovaSonic 207i transit-time ultrasonic flow meter is the ideal turnkey solution for building and district metering, and submetering.
Making Installation Easier
With the InnovaSonic 207i’s clamp-on sensors, there’s no pipe cutting or expensive plumbing.
The 207i features a large backlit display and dual-function keypad with audible feedback. With its visual sensor spacing tool on the local display or using the software app, slightly move the sensors together or apart to position the indicator line between the “goal posts” and assure optimal signal strength.
World Class Calibration
Every flow meter is only as good as its calibration. To assure the highest accuracy possible, each InnovaSonic is calibrated at Sierra’s flow calibration facility in Monterey, California which consistently delivers calibration accura-cies of +/- 0.2% of reading.
All calibrations follow the guidelines of ISO 17025 and are directly traceable to national standards such as NIST (United States National Institute of Standards and Technology).
Fully automated, once flow application data is programmed, calibration automation software manages all aspects of flow calibration testing. High-speed time-aligned data acquisition and performance analysis over the entire flow measurement range occurs. A calibration certificate documenting instrument performance is then generated.
Sierra’s Big-3 Technologies
The InnovaSonic 207i is one of three advanced flow meter technologies Sierra has developed to help facility managers tackle tough energy management challenges.
For what we call our Big-3, Sierra has become a recognized expert in thermal mass (QuadraTherm®), vortex shedding (InnovaMass®), and transit-time ultrasonic (InnovaSonic®). Sierra is the only company in the USA to manufacture all three flow technologies.
The Big-3 are optimized to be a complete solution for flow energy measurement—facility flows that impact costs like compressed air, natural gas, steam, and hot or chilled water. As new apps and improvements become available, all Big-3 technologies benefit and are field firmware upgradable.
- Thermal energy/BTU measurement
- Cooling and heating fluid measurements
- Water and wastewater measurements
- Leak detection in piping systems
- Monitoring and controlling of HVAC systems
- Fuel and oil consumption measurements
- Contactless product recognition
- Interface detection
- Offshore applications
- Automated process control
- Designed for liquid flow metering applications
- Thermal Energy/BTU capability
- Tolerant of liquids with small amounts of air bubbles or suspended solids
- Ideal for large line sizes or exotic materialsClamp-on standard, insertion transducers available
- Transducers clamped to outside of pipe
- Install meter during plant operations-no process shut downs, no leakage risks
- No moving parts to clog or fatigue like turbine meters
- Permanent or temporary installations
- Immune to the process compatibility concerns
- Operational safety and robustness
- High zero stability, nearly drift free
- Optional clamp on or insertion PT 100 RTDs transducers-
- matched pair and temperature compensated
- Mounting kit included to lock transducer into place
- Modular electronics enabling field upgrades
- Large display with push buttons, user-friendly menu
- Keypad with 16 tactile keys with 14 dual-function keys with audible feedback
- Internally configured batch controller makes batch control convenient
- Daily, monthly and yearly totalized flow rate
- Positive, negative and net flow totalizers with user selectable scale factors)
- 16 MB SD card high-memory data logger
- Easy Installation with Smart Interface Portal Software (SIP)
- Field validation/configuration to assure operating performance with SIP
- Local display with Quick key buttons for:
- Flow, totalized flow
- Signal and diagnostics
- Configurable pulse, analog and frequency outputs
- Fully field configurable
- Compact, low-cost alternative to Coriolis meters