Portable Hybrid Ultrasonic Flow Meter
The Dynasonics DXN meter is a powerful tool for troubleshooting flow issues, whether you want to quickly verify the flow reading of another meter or to monitor flow systems over an extended time period. The DXN portable meter has transducers that clamp onto the outside of the pipe – no tapping or cutting is required. The meter can be easily moved and installed in different locations. The large color display makes it easy to read and the setup wizard walks you through the meter configuration steps. You can even save the settings for future use.
- Quick installation with clamp-on meter
- Easy to read and configure with large, color display and touch screen navigation
- Monitor and data log flow, temperature and readings from external devices
- Convenient over-the-shoulder bag for easy portability
- Battery or line powered
The DXN is simply the best option for your next portable application, with true hybrid transit time and Doppler operation, an expandable 1GB data logger that takes readings over 50 times a second, and the ability to store site-specific parameters using plain English site descriptions. Take control of your toughest applications, add the DXN Portable to your flow measurement toolkit today.
- One portable meter does it all - TRUE HYBRID instrument switches automatically between transit time and Doppler measurement as needed
- Take control of your reading with the industry's only advanced touch-screen interface featuring job-specific controls
- Always have your data on hand with user customizable site-specific parameters, 1 GB internal data logging, and USB connectivity for additional storage capability
- Take more accurate readings with superior measurement processing speed; takes over 50 flow readings per second
- Built to handle rigorous environments with an outdoor-readable FULL COLOR WVGA display and protective cover
- Easy to read flow measurement screens
- Multiple graphing options and advanced diagnostics
- Full touchscreen keyboard for more efficient data input
Hybrid flow meters consistently measure liquid flow by using both Doppler and transit time ultrasonic hardware and algorithms. By automatically determining which principle to use, these meters are able to provide the most accurate measurement for the present conditions of the application. The dual technology makes them ideal for reliably measuring clean, dirty and gassy liquids.
When in transit time mode, the flow meter operates by transmitting and receiving a frequency modulated burst of sound energy between two transducers. The burst is first transmitted in the direction of fluid flow and then against fluid flow. Since sound energy in a moving liquid is carried faster when it travels in the direction of fluid flow (downstream), a differential in the times of flight will occur. The difference between the two travel times is then used to calculate the measured flow rate.
When in Doppler mode, the flow meter transmits an ultrasonic sound from its transmitting transducer into the flowing liquid. The sound will be reflected by sonic reflectors (gas bubbles or particulate) suspended within the liquid and recorded by the receiving transducer. If the sonic reflectors are moving within the sound transmission path, sound waves will be reflected at a frequency shifted (Doppler frequency) from the transmitted frequency. The shift in frequency will be directly related to the speed of the moving particle or bubble, resulting in a liquid flow rate that is interpreted by the instrument and converted to various user defined measuring units.