The TFXL clamp-on transit time ultrasonic flow meter attaches to the outside of pipes and is designed to replace mechanical flow meters in applications where liquid conditions tend to damage or impede mechanical flow meter operation.
- Measures liquids with small amounts of suspended solids or aeration (e.g., surface water, sewage).
- Bi-directional flow measurement system. Totalizer options include forward, reverse and net total.
- ULTRALINK software utility enables in-field flow meter configuration, calibration and troubleshooting, via laptop PC.
- Compact enclosure uses large, easy-to-read digital display.
- 11-28 VDC @ 0.25A
- 0.1 to 40 FPS (0.03 to 12 MPS)
- 4-20mA standard output or TTL (pulse or simulated turbine meter)
- -40 to 185°F (-40 to 85°C) ambient temp
- 0 to 105°F (-20 to 40°C) hazardous locations integral mount
- ±0.5% of reading repeatability
- 0.3 to 30 seconds adjustable response time
- UltraLink software utility
- Bi-directional flow measurement system
- UL 61010-1 & CSA C22.2 No. 61010-1
- Class I Div. 2 Groups C & D
- T4 to UL 1604 & CSA 22.2 No. 213
The Dynasonics TFXL ultrasonic flow meter clamps onto the outside of a pipe and does not contact the internal liquid. This non-invasive system allows solids to pass through the pipe with no effect on the flow meter. Y-strainers or filtering devices are not needed. In addition, installation of the Dynasonics TFXL ultrasonic flow meter is easy and low cost.
The Dynasonics TFXL ultrasonic flow meter provides instantaneous rate and accumulated flows along with 4-20mA and pulse outputs. Available with or without a local display, the Dynasonics TFXL ultrasonic flow meter is housed in an enclosure suitable for outdoor mounting. Compact integral mount systems can accommodate pipes 2 inches [50 mm] and smaller. For additional flexibility, remote mount systems are available for pipe sizes 1/2 inch [12 mm] and higher. A software utility is available for customer configuration and in-field calibration.
Greater accuracy can be attained in applications with high levels of entrained gases. The Dynasonics TFXL ultrasonic flow meter will automatically correct displayed flow rates and electronic outputs.
The inherent advantages of the Dynasonics TFXL ultrasonic flow meter over competitive technologies include ease of installation, immunity to suspended solids and gas pockets, and a large bi-directional measuring range. In addition, the non-contact design eliminates any fluid compatibility issues. The Dynasonics TFXL ultrasonic flow meter was designed to replace mechanical flow meters in applications where liquid conditions tend to damage or impede mechanical flow meter operation. No maintenance of the Dynasonics TFXL ultrasonic flow meter is required.
Transit time flow meters utilize two transducers which function as both ultrasonic transmitters and receivers. The flow meters operate by alternately transmitting and receiving a frequency modulated burst of sound energy between the two transducers. The burst is first transmitted in the direction of fluid flow and then against fluid flow. Since sound energy in a moving liquid is carried faster when it travels in the direction of fluid flow (downstream) than it does when it travels against fluid flow (upstream), a differential in the times of flight will occur. The sound's time of flight is accurately measured in both directions and the difference in time of flight calculated. The liquid velocity (V) inside the pipe can be related to the difference in time of flight (dt) through the following equation: V = KDdt, where K is a constant and D is the distance between the transducers.